1/4/06

My ambitious attempts at making New Year Resolutions( which will probably last for.........well two weeks at the most)


I've always found New Year resolutions to be a little lame, just because I do not have the strength to keep them, and I falsely convince myself that I can keep a resolution at any time of the year and I do not need the New Year as an excuse to make a resolution. But as we all know we find ourselves making resolutions or atleast sifting through a few possibilities as the New Year arrives. A few common resolutions which I have made enthusiastically, and broken quite predictably within a few weeks, in the past few years are:
1. Lose 20 pounds in two months( how unrealistic.......I have unsuccessfully resolved to do this time and time again and failed so many times, that I force it out of my mind even if it worms its way into my brain as one of my resolutions)
2. Get over my frog-o-phobia(Yes I fear frogs, and you can stop snickering now)
3. Get over my acquired squid-o-phobia( after I got squirted in the face with squid ink, don't ask, I don't want to re-live the trauma)
4. Cut my hair as short as Annie Lennox( look at the pic for reference). Unfortunately I couldn't even consider this without fearing for my life. I can just imagine the look on my mom's face, turning a shade of putrid green(in terrific anger) before she executes her diabolic plans of murder( The victim: me, of course) .

So these are the resolutions I "try" to make year after year in vain. Maybe next year, I will get over my fear of frogs or Ranidaphobia as only a science nerd( which is what I am) would know. Or maybe I'll face death, brandishing my sword of recklessness and cut my hair..............only time will tell.

13 comments:

Aravinthan said...

I used to do some new year resolutions some time ago.. then realised.. its not really a thing to be done on a new year.. it should be done every quarter.. does that make sense?

Cutting hair.. i thought indian gals are beautiful in long hairs.. :)

the wannabe indian punkster said...

i know....but Ive always had this thing....I really wanna cut my hair..........well.....lets see.....if it happens it happens(mom are you listening???)
Megha

Anonymous said...

that hairstyle looks only good on annie Lennox.

Sridhar said...

My new year resolution was to have a Tom cruise style hair cut, but my hair is in such a mess that I am just going for a cut now :)

the wannabe indian punkster said...

Ha....Ha......good for you, but Tom cruise changes his hairstyle for almost every movie to suit his role in the movie, so doesn't it confuse you???
Megha

Chrono Cr@cker said...

LOL! Funny Resolutions but I don't make resolutions anymore but this year my reso is to not to make any more reso's and I haven't broken that up.

Umm..No Offence meant but there is absolutely no way no one can lose 20 lbs in 20 months, do change it something more realistic.

the wannabe indian punkster said...

like I said I was tooo idealistic....but ive reduced my aim to 10 pounds:)
Megha

Anonymous said...

one question...why do u put an "O" inbetween your phobias?

the wannabe indian punkster said...

cos I want to.
Megha

joel said...

mp3 is the latest and the most popular audio format that is used now. This acronym stands for MPEG layer 3. It is a compressed audio format with a compression rate of up to 12:1. The sound quality of the audio in this format is very high.
car mp3 player review
mp3 Maestro

Chrono Cr@cker said...

Megha,
Does your blog have any RSS Feed??

FJ said...

Hi You have great blog here. I enjoyed it all the way. Keep going.
- Venkat

the wannabe indian punkster said...

ha thanks....I can only try...:)
Megha